Maintenance & Tech
Care of your vinyl lettering
Congratulations, you have just bought ‘the best’. Impact Signs use ‘new generation’ vinyls. The manufacturers stated exterior life under normal conditions is a massive 7 – 10 years (except florescent & some specialty finishes).
Cleaning your lettering (once on the sign) is pretty much the same as it would be if it were not sign written, however a few precautions should be taken:
- Do not wash for at least 4 days after lettering has been fitted to the sign. This allows the adhesive to ‘cure’ properly
- Use a sponge, not a cloth.
If you wish to remove the sign writing at any stage, this is relatively easy to do, just use the following guidelines:
- Use heat! Vinyl can be removed easier when it is warm. A hair dryer is the best tool for the job. Caution! Do not use hot air guns, these may burn the surface.
- To remove the glue residue use white spirit. Let it soak in for approx 2 minutes first, glue should then be easy to use.
- Do not use a knife to remove vinyl. It may ‘pierce’ the surface. Use a plastic knife or ask us for a squeegee
- When the entire vinyl and glue residue is removed, it would be wise to use ‘T’ cut to hide the ‘ghosting’ that may be evident.
Click here to read impartial, anonymous reviews vetted by THE Trading Standards